Oracle and Java

Ok people I have not forgot about you. I am just in super study mode. My short term goal is to get Oracle certified. That is a tall order. I need to get it done in my month to get my company to pay for it. Although I do know some Oracle, passing the certification tests is taking it to a whole new level.

I am also engaged in a community college class on Java. Hopefully this will give the knowledge to write evil applets that do all kinds of fun things in your browser. As always I will share what I learn and know.

Did you know you can get all kinds of free tools to do Java programming? You should start by taking a look at the Sun Microsystems web page. They are the inventors of the language. And they provide a free development kit to compile and run Java programs. You can also download a free copy of the NetBeans integrated development environment.

I am an old school hacker. So I like writing my code in a text editor. Or better yet I use an IDE from Microsoft which does not do Java. That way I don't rely on the tool. I rely on my own knowledge to write the code from scratch. That is, I do this until I truly learn the language. After that I will get down with a free Java IDE like Eclipse. More on that later.