Hacking YouTube Views

I got a friend that produced a video and uploaded it to YouTube. Some other friends did the same. Now they are all seeing who gets the most hits on YouTube. My friend wondered if there was anything I could do to help increase his views. No problem.

I want to make it look like a user is viewing the video. The video is just a URL that gets accessed in a browser. I could just write a program that keeps launching the browser to start watching my friend's video. Perhaps I could have a small delay between viewings.

Let's say I want to try and fool YouTube into thinking it is a real human. I could mix in access to some other videos from my program. My program could also launch one of the many different browser available on my machine.

Let's think about taking this up a notch. I could write some hot software and release it for free. Then that software could quietly "watch" the video on some hidden screen. Makes it much harder for YouTube to detect something fishy. Let's see how far I need to take this.